Week 15- Friday, April 23rd

I will give this week a 4. It is very bittersweet to be ending my teaching experience in this classroom. I never thought that I would be so ready for it to end but also want to stay awhile longer. This week was a decent week. I have been a little bit stressed with trying to finish my portfolio but I believe it is because it looks like a lot.. when in reality, most of it has already been done. 


A pleasant surprise that I received this week was gifts and lunch today from my CE and other teachers around me. I am overwhelmed with emotions and will never be able to thank them all enough for everything they have done for me. My experiences this week reminded me just how important it is to have positive relationships with your students and co-workers. Having these positive relationships has made this time very hard for me but in a positive way. My short-term efforts of finishing my portfolio are aligned with my long-term goals of successfully completing student teaching and graduating. I could have spent more time earlier in the week working on some portfolio components, this would have minimized my work load for the weekend. Apprehension and indecision impacted me as I was making my student teaching video. I was unsure of what clips to include in the video because I had several, but it finally came together. The first logical step for next week is to be finished with my portfolio and be prepared to present on Thursday. 


Some data that I analyzed this week was new grades for this six weeks. We have been working on text structure and I have been analyzing the data from those assessments to see what next steps are best for the students. One piece of advice that I can share with other student teachers is to celebrate! You are about to cross the finish line and then you’ll be walking across the stage. 


NCTCS 1: I was able to demonstrate leadership in the classroom by taking responsibility for all of my students’ learning.

NCTCS 2:  I was able to maintain a respectful environment for a diverse population of students by maintaining high expectations for all students.

NCTCS 3: I knew the content that I taught this week by using the NCSCOS to guide my lesson plans.

NCTCS 4: I facilitated learning for my students by engaging students in the lessons.

NCTCS 5: I reflected on my practice this week by meeting with my CE and reflecting with myself. 


I have completed edTPA and my student teaching video. I have been working on the rest of the portfolio components. Currently, my CE and I do not need any extra support from my supervisor.

Comments

  1. Melissa,
    What a special luncheon to honor you by your CE and co-workers! You are loved and will be missed!! I am sure you will everything ready for your portfolio presentation.
    I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,

    Congrats on finishing strong! I was just like you when I began the portfolio, but it all came together. It's so sweet that you had a celebratory luncheon. You are so deserving! PS: Congrats on your academic award!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5- Friday, February 5th

Week 6- Friday, February 12

Week 11- Friday, March 19th