Week 14- Friday, April 16th

    I will rate my overall experience of this week a 4. It was a pretty good week. I have finished my 10 weeks so now I am not teaching as much and things are a little more calmed down. However, I still have a lot to do. 

    A pleasant surprise that I had this week was receiving a gift from our media specialist for completing student teaching (almost). I have loved being at this school and working closely with all of the specialists and teachers. Everyone has been so kind and encouraging. My work taught me this week to take a moment and be appreciative and thankful for everything I have made it through. We are winding down toward the end of student teaching now, and it seems like everything was a blur. I realized this week that I’m almost finished and it’s going to be difficult to leave this group of students. My short-term effort of completing my portfolio is aligned with my long-term goal of successfully completing student teaching and graduating. I could have spent more time this week working on my video for my portfolio. I have several hours of footage to look through and pick clips that align with my philosophy. Most of my time in the coming days will be spent going through this footage. Apprehension and indecision didn’t really impact what I did and didn’t do this week. The first logical steps for next week are to finish teaching, observe other teachers, and work on my portfolio. 

    

    Some data that I analyzed this week was the final grades for these six weeks. Report cards are being sent out today. One piece of advice that I have for my fellow student teachers is to enjoy these last couple of weeks, tell your CE how much you appreciate them, and tell your kids how much you love them! 


NCTCS 1: I was able to demonstrate leadership in the classroom by taking responsibility for all of my students’ learning. 


NCTCS 2:  I was able to maintain a respectful environment for a diverse population of students by maintaining high expectations for all students. 


NCTCS 3: I knew the content that I taught this week by using the NCSCOS to guide my lesson plans. 


NCTCS 4: I facilitated learning for my students by engaging students in the lessons. 


NCTCS 5: I reflected on my practice this week by meeting with my CE and reflecting with myself. 


EdTPA has been completed and passed. I have started working on my video and other components for my portfolio. At the moment, my CE and I do not need extra support from my University Supervisor. 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are going to finish strong!! I am very proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    I think that is great that the media specialist gave you a gift. I am so proud of you and how far you have come. I know you are going to do great as an educator!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa,
    I glad you had a good week. Enjoy the final weeks of student teaching. It's nice that things are slowing down, but there is still work to do. Finish strong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5- Friday, February 5th

Week 6- Friday, February 12

Week 11- Friday, March 19th