Week 13- Friday, April 2

     It finally came.. my '5' week. I knew it would come at some point but I was beginning to doubt. This week was a 5 out of 5. I have yet to give a week that rating because I knew that there could be better weeks to come. This one proved that. It was by far the best and most eventful week that I have had. 

    This week, I had a couple of pleasant surprises. The first was that I PASSED EdTPA!! I couldn't be happier about this and I am so happy that everyone passed! The second is that I GOT A JOB! What a week. It was the best week I have had in a long time and I finally see my hard work paying off. The lessons that my experiences taught me this week and overall are that I need to be more confident in myself. I doubted myself so much about getting a job and passing edTPA. I already had it in my mind that neither of these things would work out for me. But thank God, they did. My short-term efforts of working on my portfolio are aligned with my long-term efforts of successfully finishing student teaching and graduating. I could have spent less time stressing so much this week. It was the last week of my 10 weeks and I had so much anxiety because of the scores coming out. Apprehension and indecision didn't really affect what I did or didn't do this week. The first logical step for next week is to relax a little during spring break but to also begin working more on my portfolio and other components. 

    Some data that I analyzed this week was the final grades for the six weeks. I also analyzed how well my students are understanding some of the concepts we are learning. One piece of advice that I can share is to be proud of yourself and relax for just a little bit! You deserve to sit back and bask in the fact that you passed edTPA and are almost to graduation. 

NCTCS 1: I was able to demonstrate leadership this week by leading my last full week of teaching. 

NCTCS 2: I was able to establish a respectful environment for a group of diverse learners this week by teaching about different cultures and encouraging a respectful environment. 

NCTCS 3: I was able to know the content that I teach this week by aligning my lessons with the NCSCOS.

NCTCS 4: I facilitated learning this week by using technology in the classroom as well as differentiating.

NCTCS 5: I reflected this week by meeting with my supervisor and my CE. 

I have completed and PASSED EdTPA! I am working on the first few components of my portfolio right now. Currently, my CE and I do not need extra support from my supervisor. 

    

Comments

  1. This has indeed been a "5" week for you...and not only because you passed edTPA and received a job offer.....but ALSO because YOU are an awesome individual who will positively impact your future students. Enjoy Spring break!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Melissa!!! I know you are feeling on cloud nine because I am right there with you!!! Where did you get your placement, I haven't heard, I know you will do great where ever it is! I hope you get some rest this week you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5- Friday, February 5th

Week 6- Friday, February 12

Week 11- Friday, March 19th