Week 9- Friday, March 5th
This week was a 4 out of 5. I think it was a 4 because it wasn't awful and I feel accomplished. Finally submitting EdTPA has lifted a lot of stress from my shoulders. I am now anxiously awaiting the results. Overall, this week was successful. It was also a bit stressful because I was trying to perfect my EdTPA tasks while teaching and writing lesson plans for next week. But I made it and I am proud of myself. I have gotten a lot further than I ever thought I would.
My biggest accomplishment this week was definitely submitting EdTPA. I put a lot of hard work into it and will hopefully receive results that prove that. Now that it has been submitted, I will have more time to focus on my lesson plans for each week, my portfolio, and teaching. A lesson that I learned this week was to continue to manage my time more wisely. I am doing better than I used to, but I could always do better. My short-term efforts of creating lesson plans, teaching successful lessons, and submitting EdTPA align with my long-term goals of passing EdTPA and successfully completing student teaching. I could have spent more time on my lesson plans for next week. I was very focused on getting my EdTPA finished and edited and I didn't place a lot of focus on the lesson plans. However, I feel that EdTPA was what I needed to be focused on mostly. Apprehension affected me a lot this week, especially when getting closer to my submission time. I felt like I had done everything I could to complete my tasks for EdTPA but I still felt like it could be better. The first logical step for next week is to teach my lessons and begin new lesson plans. Another step is to treat the week as if it will be rated a 5; I'm ready for that '5' week.
Some data that I analyzed this past week were report card data and STAR test data. The students in my class vary with reading levels but they are improving. One piece of advice that I can give to my fellow student teachers is to celebrate the small successes too. Submitting EdTPA was a huge success for all of us, even if we don't have our results yet. But don't forget about the small successes. Making it through each week, day, or even lesson is a success. Look at how far we have come. We have so many reasons to celebrate.
NCTCS 1: I was able to demonstrate leadership this week by taking responsibility for all students' learning. I was also able to use data to set goals.
NCTCS 2: I was able to establish a respectful environment this week by encouraging an environment that is inviting, respectful, and supportive. The students in my class get along well and I always remind them how important it is to respect and support each other.
NCTCS 3: I knew the content that I taught this week because I taught using the North Carolina Standard Course of Study to form my lesson plans.
NCTCS 4: I was able to facilitate learning for my students by eliciting and building on student responses. I was also able to engage students in the learning by using various activities.
NCTCS 5: I have reflected on my practice this week by meeting with my CE to discuss how my lessons have been going.
I have completed EdTPA! Now I am anxiously awaiting the results. I have begun the process of completing my portfolio.
At the moment, my CE and I do not need any extra support from my supervisor.
YEAH.....edTPA has been submitted! I am so proud of you!!
ReplyDeleteMelissa, I'm so glad to hear that you had a 4 week despite the stress of submitting edTPA! I know you have worked hard and I pray you get the results you hope for! I wish you all the best in the coming week ahead!
ReplyDelete