Week 12- Friday, March 26th
This week has been a little crazy. I feel like I have been on a rollercoaster all week (I’m usually scared of rollercoasters but this one wasn’t too bad). Overall, I would rate it a 4. It was good but it had its moments. And by “moments”, I mean times when I didn’t think Friday would ever come. Having all of the kids here 5 days a week has been a change but it has been a nice change. I love seeing all of their smiling faces every day. They love all being together.
This week, something that I would consider an accomplishment is making it through the first week of having all of our students back. It was definitely a challenge, but I made it! Another accomplishment was having my first job interview! Even if I don’t get the job, I am very proud of myself. I never thought the day would come (especially so quickly) that I would interviewing for a teaching position. My experiences this week taught me to be more confident in myself. I get very anxious for a lot of things and the interview was definitely one of those things. I worried myself sick all week, but I did fine during the interview. I need to realize that this is what I was meant to do with my life (teach) and that I am a good candidate. My short term efforts of creating effective lesson plans and working on my portfolio align with my long term goals of successfully completing student teaching. I could have spent more time planning next weeks lessons. It was harder to find time to do this because all of the kids were here everyday. Apprehension impacted me when preparing for the interview and indecision impacted me when planning my lessons for next week. The first logical steps for next week are to enjoy my last week of the 10 weeks. It has gone by so quick. I also will need to work on the components for my portfolio.
Some data that I analyzed was IEP data. We have been having conferences with the parents of those students who have IEPs. We have looked over their progress and their goals. One piece of advice that I can share with other student teachers is to be proud of yourself! Look how far you have come and look what you have made it through.
NCTCS 1: This week, I was able to demonstrate leadership in the classroom by taking responsibility for my students education and demonstrating high ethical standards.
NCTCS 2: I established a respectful environment for my class this week by embracing diversity and treating students as individuals.
NCTCS 3: This week, I knew the content that I taught because I aligned my lessons with the NCSCOS.
NCTCS 4: I was able to facilitate learning for my students by using a variety of methods of instruction during my lessons.
NCTCS 5: I was able to reflect this week by meeting with my supervisor and my CE.
I have started completing the first components of my portfolio. At this time, my CE and I do not need any extra support from my supervisor.
Yeah for students being back AND for a job interview! You are finishing strong and I am proud of you!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Week 10!!! I'm so proud of you Melissa!!! I am also so glad that your interview went well! I know you will do great things. I am with you about this week it was like a roller coster ride and it was great to see all of the kids back and enjoying each other again, but it did lend some challenges for me as well. Good luck in the week ahead!
ReplyDelete