Week 11- Friday, March 19th

 Once again, we have come to the end of another week. At this point, I honestly can't keep track of how long it has been. I can't believe that I will be finished with my 10 weeks in a short couple of weeks. I will give this week a 4 out of 5. It wasn't the best week but it definitely wasn't the worst. It has been getting a bit more stressful with beginning to apply for jobs and trying to wrap everything up but I know I can do it. 

A pleasant surprise this week was that the county just posted several jobs on the website. So I am in the process of applying for these jobs. Hopefully, things will go well but if not, I will continue to apply. My experiences this week taught me that I will be planning a lot more lessons. All of our kids are coming back five days a week beginning on Monday. So my lesson planning document is a lot longer than usual. This tells me that I will definitely have to start planning early so that I do not overwhelm myself. My short-term efforts of student teaching successfully are still aligned with passing edTPA and completing my portfolio as well as getting a job. I could have spent more time on lesson planning earlier in the week. I know that I say this every week but it definitely would have helped a lot more this week. Apprehension and indecision definitely affected my lesson planning this week. With all of the kids coming back and having to plan a lot more lessons, it was a bit more difficult and time-consuming. The first logical step for next week is to begin planning my lessons early. This week, I was able to analyze some data on one student for who we are trying to get tested. Thankfully, the parents are now on board and the process has begun. A piece of advice that I can share with my fellow student teachers is to just hang on. We are almost there!! 

NCTCS 1: This week, I was able to demonstrate leadership by taking responsibility for my students' learning. I was also able to empower students throughout the week to do their best. 

NCTCS 2: I was able to establish a respectful environment by creating an inviting environment for the class. 

NCTCS 3: I was able to know the content that I taught by using the standard course of study to guide my lesson plans. 

NCTCS 4: I was able to facilitate learning by integrating technology in several of my lessons. 

NCTCS 5: I was able to reflect on my practice by meeting with my CE and reflecting on my own. 

I have completed edTPA and am preparing for the results. I have begun my portfolio. At the moment, my CE and I do not need any extra assistance. 

Comments

  1. Melissa,
    You are so right with your advice....."A piece of advice that I can share with my fellow student teachers is to just hang on. We are almost there!!" Your dreams are coming true. I know you will be ready for your students 5 days of week. The "real world" of teaching is going to be great!!
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa! I love your advice.. We are almost there! I can relate to your rating for this week. Teach has many responsibilities. There is so much to accomplish each day. Glad to hear that parents are on board for testing. It takes a village to raise a child. This will allow students to get the support they need. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, we are going to make it....it think, lol. I'm trying to stay positive, but one minute i think I have it together and the next minute I remember what I have forgotten and what else still needs to be done. Do you feel like you work constantly on all of this like I do? I don't know if it's me or everyone else too. I'm glad you had a pretty good week and I wish you lots of luck this week on your interview. Good luck in the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5- Friday, February 5th

Week 6- Friday, February 12