Week 10- Friday, March 12
I would give this week a 4 out of 5. It was a little more relaxed because I didn’t have to stress about EdTPA. But I still had a lot to do.
Something that I feel that I accomplished this week was simply the ability to breathe a little. I feel like I wasn’t stressing as much as I usually do, and I consider this an accomplishment. A lesson that I learned from my experiences this week was to prepare myself a little better. I always come prepared for each day but sometimes I could prepare better. All of my students come back 5 days a week soon and I need to be fully prepared because it will be a lot different. My short-term goals of planning lessons and beginning my portfolio are aligned with my long-term goals of successfully completing student teaching and passing edTPA. I could have spent more time at the beginning of the week working on my lesson plans. If I did this, I would be able to relax a little more at the end of the week. I usually get most of it done on Wednesday but I know I could get it done on Monday and Tuesday. Apprehension and indecision didn’t really affect me much this week. The first logical steps for next week are to teach my lessons, start my lesson plans early, and enjoy the last week of hybrid because it is all about to change.
Some data that I analyzed this week was on some of the smaller assessments that I have given my students. This has influenced what I plan to teach in the coming weeks. I know what they need to review.
One piece of advice that I can give to my fellow student teachers is to work with each other. We have many resources that we can use to help us through student teaching and one of those resources is each other. I know that I have benefitted from meeting with other student teachers and I know that I will continue to do so. Doing this also helps you to realize that you aren’t alone.
NCTCS 1: I was able to demonstrate leadership this week by taking responsibility for my students’ learning. I was also able to demonstrate leadership by empowering students. Simply encouraging a student and telling them how great they are doing can make a huge difference.
NCTCS 2: I was able to establish a respectful environment this week by encouraging an environment that is inviting and respectful. All of the students in this class get along great. They will all be coming together in 2 weeks and I’m sure they will still get along but it is still important to implement the importance of being respectful and inviting to all.
NCTCS 3: This week, I was able to know the content that I teach by planning my lessons and aligning them with the NCSCOS.
NCTCS 4: I was able to facilitate learning for my students this week by using technology to help students learn and engaging students in the learning process.
NCTCS 5: I was able to reflect on my practice by meeting with my CE daily to discuss how my lessons are going as well as meeting with my supervisor about my most recent observation.
I have completed EdTPA and am awaiting the results. I have started to compete parts of my portfolio. Currently, my CE and I do not need any extra support from my supervisor.
Melissa,
ReplyDeleteI am pleased you had a good week and are starting to complete parts of your portfolio.
I loved the advice you gave this week...."One piece of advice that I can give to my fellow student teachers is to work with each other. We have many resources that we can use to help us through student teaching and one of those resources is each other."
Melissa, I agree that this week was less stressful because we were able to take a small break from edTPA. I love your advice of working together and how we have so many resources that we are able to use throughout this semester and for the future. I also agree that encouraging students can make a huge difference in their attitudes and learning. Great post! I hope this week is amazing :)
ReplyDelete